Table Of Content
- Getting an auto insurance claim started
- Accidents With Rear-Ends in No-Fault States
- Seeking a lawsuit over a car accident
- Whiplash Complications Following a Rear-End Auto Collision
According to the National Law Review, rear-end crashes are one of the most typical forms of collisions in the United States. Each rear-end accident has a different set of conditions. Additionally, rear-end collisions might have a variety of causes that aren’t always obvious, like all other crash types. Injury victims and their New York City car accident lawyers face a hurdle because there are no consistent and predictable causes for rear-end collisions.
It is not a given that this will happen merely because another car hit you from behind. You must provide supporting data for your claim.
Typical Reasons for Rear-End Auto Collisions
Nearly any driving situation can result in a rear-end collision, although the majority of these collisions are caused by:
- The driver who was following too closely was driving carelessly due to distractions,
- The driver in pursuit who follows too closely or tailgates the lead vehicle; and
- driving erratically considering the weather.
- Suddenly changing lanes,
- reversing or driving with a mechanical issue or flat tyre,
- not utilizing danger lights or pulling over, and
- not repairing a broken brake light or other defective equipment are all examples of ‘brake-checking’ the tailing driver.
Assuming Fault in a Rear-End Accident Automatic?
A rear-end collision is typically the easiest to determine who was at fault when it comes to an automobile accident, regardless of the reason or the severity of the injuries. Occasionally, the leading vehicle may be partially at fault for a rear-end collision, for example:
Your Prospects for Compensation from a Rear-End Collision
As the leading driver (the one hit from behind) in a rear-end collision, it’s important to understand that your auto insurance policy will have a significant impact on how your claim is handled and, frequently, how much money you receive.
Getting an auto insurance claim started
Your car accident case will most likely begin with a claim under that coverage if the at-fault driver has enough liability insurance to compensate your losses associated with the collision. Remember that submitting a claim is only the beginning of the insurance procedure. Learn more from the New York City car accident lawyers in your area about how insurance adjusters handle a personal injury claim.
Accidents With Rear-Ends in No-Fault States
If you reside in one of the about a dozen states with some form of a no-fault auto insurance system, you won’t initially be filing an insurance claim. Regardless of who caused the accident, you will initially turn to your own “personal injury protection” auto insurance coverage.
Seeking a lawsuit over a car accident
You might need to take the situation to the next level by bringing a car accident case to court if you and the insurance company cannot agree on the fair worth of your claim and negotiations over a settlement are coming to a stalemate.
Whiplash Complications Following a Rear-End Auto Collision
The neck injury known as “whiplash” is frequently brought on by rear-end crashes. Whiplash injuries can have a substantial impact on a claimant’s life, and this impact is compensable as “pain and suffering” in a vehicle accident injury claim.
How Can a Lawyer for a Rear-End Car Accident Help Your Case?
Make contact with the best of New York City car accident lawyers and leave the specifics in their hands.
Your lawyer will:
- Investigate the collision to acquire the information and evidence you need to establish responsibility.
- To calculate the extent of your damages, examine your medical history and current circumstances.
- Gather evidence and submit it to the insurance provider for review.
- Keep in touch with the insurance provider throughout the procedure.
- Give you legal counsel on whether to accept or reject any settlement offers you might get after reviewing them.
Always contact a lawyer Following a Car Accident
Never make the mistake of assuming that an automobile accident is “too minor” to warrant the services of an attorney. Your best course of action is to get in touch with Siler & Ingber Personal Injury Law Firms right away. Our New York City car accident lawyers can improve your chances of winning your case and getting fair recompense for your losses.