Suffolk County Personal Injury Lawyer
If someone else’s negligence caused an accident that left you injured, you shouldn’t be responsible for the bills. Get compensated for your losses by working with a Suffolk County injury attorney.
After an accident that caused an injury you weren’t at fault for, you may have grounds to file a personal injury lawsuit. An injury-causing accident can leave you with mounting debt, lost income, and a variety of immeasurable losses such as diminished quality of life.
You may be angry and uncertain as to what to do next. Fortunately, you do have legal options available to you.
If you need compensation for a serious injury, contact a Suffolk County personal injury lawyer from Siler & Ingber, LLP. Your injury attorney will assess your case, investigate what happened, and ensure that you get the full compensation you deserve.
Who Caused Your Catastrophic Injury?
In order to seek recompense for your injury, it will first be necessary to determine who was at fault for your accident. Recognizing all the parties who may be liable will maximize the financial award you could receive.
Your Suffolk County injury lawyer will help you determine who should be held responsible regardless of the type of accident you suffered:
- Medical Malpractice – When healthcare professionals are negligent in diagnosis or treatment, they can—and should—be held financially liable.
- Traffic Accidents – Any type of vehicle accident can result in catastrophic injury, including collisions with cars, motorcycles, and semi-trucks. Many different parties can be at fault, from manufacturers to trucking companies to government entities.
- Product Defects – From a defective toaster to a harmful drug to a malfunctioning children’s toy, consumers have a right to compensation for unsafe products.
- Premises Liability – If you were injured while on another person’s property, he or she may be financially liable. Whether you suffered a dog attack or a slip-and-fall, you can seek damages.
- Construction and Work Accidents – Although workers compensation often covers on-the-job injuries, external third parties such as product manufacturers, drivers, and passersby can be held responsible when they contribute to a work accident.
Compensation for Your Personal Injury
Because insurance companies don’t want to risk an injury lawyer getting involved, they are usually quick to settle a claim for as little money as possible.
For this reason, it is incredibly important that you consider the full value of what your claim is worth before accepting a settlement offer. Your Suffolk County personal injury lawyer will help you identify every financial and non-economic loss caused by the accident.
Here are some of the losses you should consider when seeking compensation for an injury:
- Property damage
- Lost wages and earning potential
- Physical and emotional therapy expenses
- Vehicle repairs, car rental, and other transportation expenses
- Decreased interest in life
- Pain and suffering
Suffolk County Car Accident Lawyer
Has an auto accident left you with serious injuries and a damaged vehicle? Find out how to get compensated by speaking with a Suffolk County car crash attorney.
No one wants to be in a car accident, especially not one that causes injury. At some point, however, many of us will find ourselves in this difficult position.
As your medical bills pile up and you worry about how to get your crumpled car fixed, you may be uncertain about what to do next. If the accident was not your fault and your losses qualify to move beyond New York’s no-fault system, you may be entitled to seek compensation from the at-fault party.
To find out if you have grounds for a personal injury claim, contact a Suffolk County car accident lawyer at Siler & Ingber, LLP. Insurance companies are out to make a profit and are more concerned about protecting their bottom line than with paying you a fair settlement. We can keep the insurer honest so that you get fully compensated.
Identifying Cause and Fault in Auto Accidents
A car accident is almost always caused by someone’s careless behavior. Recognizing every party that played a role in causing your wreck will allow you to secure the most compensation possible.
Sadly, dealing with insurance companies can be a hassle. Your care and the repair of your vehicle are rarely a priority for them. Not wanting to risk you getting an accident lawyer involved, they will work to settle your claim as quickly as possible and for the lowest dollar amount.
By identifying every cause that contributed to your wreck, we can build a case that puts you in a strong negotiating position. These are just a few of the factors that will need to be considered:
- Distracted Driving – Anything that takes a driver’s attention away from the road can cause an auto crash.
- Drunk Driving – If intoxication or drugs were involved, the driver is nearly always found at fault.
- Speeding – Driving faster than the speed limit leaves the driver responsible for any accidents caused.
- Road Construction – When a driver doesn’t pay careful attention while navigating construction zones, wrecks can easily occur. The construction company can also be at fault in these situations.
- Dangerous Roads – In some cases, roads may not have been cared for properly, which means that the driver may recover accident costs from the government entity responsible for that road’s regular maintenance.
Compensation for Your Car Accident
A compensation package should consider all of your financial and non-economic losses. For this reason, it is important to work with both your doctor and your Suffolk County car accident lawyer to assess what your recovery will cost, how your quality of life will be affected, and how long you can expect your injury to affect you.
The following list offers a few of the most common types of losses you can expect to recoup after a car crash:
- Money for medical bills, current and future
- Loss of income, career, or earning potential
- Car repairs or replacement
- Decreased enjoyment of life
- Pain and suffering
Motor Vehicle Accidents and Fatalities in Nassau and Suffolk
The attorneys at Siler & Ingber found some interesting data on motor vehicle accidents and fatalities in Nassau and Suffolk counties from 2014-2016. Click here to see our data on the amount of accidents and fatalities on each day of the week as well as the most common crash descriptors.
Motor Vehicle Accidents in Nassau and Suffolk from 2014-2016
In the first chart, you’ll notice a steady decline in the number of accidents in Nassau County over the 3-year period. Suffolk, however, did not experience the same results. In fact, that was a slight increase in the number of motor vehicle accidents. However, Nassau County saw more accidents overall and in total.
Motor Vehicle Fatalities from 2014-2016 in Nassau and Suffolk
Both Nassau and Suffolk saw an increase in the amount of motor vehicle fatalities from 2014 to 2015. Luckily, the number decreased from 2015 to 2016. Overall, however, there were more motor vehicle fatalities in Suffolk County than Nassau, which is interesting because Nassau County had a higher number of accidents.
Comparing the Two Counties
As you can tell, Nassau and Suffolk are neck and neck when it comes to the overall number of accidents and fatalities between 2014 and 2016. Overall, though, Nassau breaks the tie with 1.6% more motor vehicle accidents and fatalities.
Suffolk County Truck Accident Lawyer
The damages and injuries caused by a commercial truck accident shouldn’t go uncompensated. Discover how to proceed with your claim by consulting with a Suffolk County semi-truck crash attorney.
In an accident with an 18-wheeler, the risk for serious injury is extremely high. A fully loaded semi-truck substantially outweighs the typical passenger car, which puts other motorists at an extreme disadvantage in the event of a collision.
As a result, the injuries sustained in big rig accidents can be devastating. If you weren’t responsible, you might be entitled to file a personal injury claim against the negligent parties. You should not have to pay for mounting medical bills or auto repair if the accident was not your fault.
If you’d like to know more about how to successfully take on a trucking company or their insurer, contact a Suffolk County truck accident lawyer at Siler & Ingber, LLP. A lawyer from our firm can help you navigate the legal system and fight to get you the full compensation you deserve.
Know Who Caused the Commercial Trucking Crash
The first step in building your personal injury case is recognizing and naming all the negligent parties in your claim.
Whether the trucker who hit you is a direct employee of a trucking company or is independent, many different people are likely involved in operating the tractor-trailer. Any number of these individuals may have been somehow at fault for causing the truck accident.
Your attorney will investigate and determine who needs to be held responsible. These are just a few of the potential contributing factors that need to be considered:
- Unrealistic Schedules – Some trucking companies urge drivers to hurry without considering the risks involved. They reward faster speeds and more consecutive hours of operation, which can easily lead to a serious accident.
- Drowsy Driving – There are federal laws that limit the number of hours a commercial driver can drive for without stopping to rest. Violating these laws and causing a crash through fatigue can make both the driver and the company liable.
- Distracted Driving – Any distraction in the cab of an 18-wheeler can cause an accident. Your lawyer can investigate this part of your claim and find the necessary evidence.
- Unsecured Freight – Loose cargo that becomes debris in the road can result from a careless loading team or shoddy restraints, allowing you to seek compensation from the responsible party.
- Dangerous Roads – Hazardous road conditions can also lead to a crash. Construction companies and government entities are two examples of potential parties that could be at fault.
Collecting Compensation for Truck Crash Losses
After the negligent parties have been identified, your attorney will need to determine how much your claim is worth. Because they don’t want to risk a lawyer getting involved, insurance companies work to settle claims quickly and for as little money as possible.
However, you deserve compensation not just for your injuries, but also for the mental anguish you’ve suffered—not to mention your future needs.
Working with your team of healthcare professionals and your Suffolk County truck accident lawyer will help you determine how your injuries will affect you long-term. Your lawyer will make sure that you recover the full value of the losses you’ve suffered.
Suffolk County Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Just because you’re a biker, it doesn’t automatically make you responsible for an accident and the losses that follow. Seek compensation from the responsible party by getting help from a Suffolk County motorcycle wreck attorney.
Even the safest of drivers can suffer serious injuries in a wreck, and a motorcycle accident can leave you with especially devastating injuries.
These injuries might prevent you from working, or they could drastically change the type of work you can do. If you’ve experienced diminished earning potential and mounting medical and bike repair bills, you are likely worried about how to move on from the crash.
If another party was responsible for your motorcycle accident, you have the right to speak with a lawyer and file a personal injury claim. Whether you need to know if you have grounds for a case or what your crash claim could be worth, the first step is contacting a Suffolk County motorcycle accident lawyer at Siler & Ingber, LLP.
While recouping the money from the at-fault party will not be simple, your lawyer will ensure that you get the recompense you deserve. We won’t be satisfied with an inadequate settlement offer—and you shouldn’t be, either.
Determining Who Caused the Motorcycle Collision
Unfortunately, insurance companies often portray bikers as daredevils who recklessly enjoy weaving in and out of traffic. They use this stereotype to imply that you are responsible for your accident and injuries.
At our firm, we understand the intricacies of the law and know how to fight these unfounded biases. You do not deserve to be pigeonholed as an irresponsible driver just because you ride a motorcycle.
Building a strong personal injury lawsuit involves naming everyone responsible for the crash in your demand for compensation. Your Suffolk County motorcycle accident lawyer will investigate and interview witnesses to make sure that you have all the necessary evidence to support your claim.
Your Injuries Will Impact Your Compensation
At Siler & Ingber, LLP, we understand how your specific motorcycle crash injuries can impact your case and the damages you ultimately receive. The more serious the injury, the more likely it is to impact your quality of life well into the future.
These are just a few of the motorcycle crash injuries we have experience building cases for:
- Back and neck injuries
- Road rash
- Broken bones and lost limbs
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Internal bleeding and organ damage
We want you to get the compensation you deserve so that you can afford the necessary medical care to heal your physical injuries and avoid long-term disabilities.
Compensation for Your Motorcycle Accident
While your physical injuries and medical bills are central to your claim, your non-economic burdens should also be taken into account.
You may be longing for the life you had prior to your accident, and while no amount of money can undo a catastrophic change in your life, you deserve remuneration for your pain and suffering.
Talk with your healthcare provider and your motorcycle accident attorney to uncover all the ways your injuries will affect your life and finances—not just in the present but also in the future.
Contact a Suffolk County Injury Attorney
If you think you have cause to pursue a personal injury claim, don’t suffer in silence! Contact Siler & Ingber, LLP today. We will ensure that you get the recompense you deserve.
To arrange a free, no-obligation consultation with a Suffolk County personal injury lawyer, complete the contact form on this page or call us at 1-516-294-2666.