Long Island Serious Injury Lawyer
If you’re suffering the effects of a serious injury due to someone else’s negligence, you deserve compensation. Find out how to handle your claim by working with a Long Island serious injury lawyer.
If you’ve been injured in an accident that has resulted in a catastrophic injury, you may be entitled to compensation through a personal injury claim.
Recovering the full compensation you are owed isn’t an easy process, however. The last thing you need to worry about after getting hurt is filing paperwork and fighting with an insurance company.
After the extreme trauma you’ve endured, you may be wondering how to proceed with your claim. For guidance on your injury claim, contact a Long Island serious injury lawyer at Siler & Ingber, LLP. Your lawyer will listen to your story, answer all your questions, and ensure that you receive the full compensation you deserve.
Types of Serious Injury Cases
Serious injuries result from a variety of sources. Maybe you’re suffering from a dangerous drug interaction or were disfigured in a dog attack. Maybe you were even hurt while at a construction site. In the end, if someone else was negligent, you can hold them accountable.
While there is a statute of limitations for filing an injury claim in New York—within three years—your serious injury lawyer will know exactly what to do and how to ensure that everything is handled efficiently and on time.
The following list provides information on just a few of the most common types of serious injury claims:
- Medical Malpractice – Medical malpractice occurs when a patient is harmed by a doctor or other licensed medical professional. Substandard medical care and negligence can provide grounds to seek compensation.
- Assault or Battery – When someone else’s aggressive conduct causes you harm directly, the person should be held liable for the damages.
- Product Liability – Consumer products include all sorts of goods, from children’s toys to prescription drugs to electronics. Companies have a duty to protect consumers from potential hazards.
- Work-Related Accidents – When a third party or gross negligence were involved in causing your work injury, you might be able to seek more than just workers comp.
- Vehicle Accidents – If you’ve suffered a catastrophic injury in a motor vehicle accident, you may be able to file an injury claim.
- Slip-and-Fall Accidents – Whether you fell or tripped in a grocery store or a neighbor’s home, the property owner could be at fault if an unaddressed hazard was involved.
Compensation for Your Serious Injury
Although we all try to be careful, anyone can experience a catastrophic injury. For this reason, it’s important to know what kind of compensation you are entitled to under the law.
Your Long Island serious injury lawyer will help you identify all of your financial and non-economic losses so that you don’t have to worry about accepting an inadequate settlement offer.
See the list that follows for a few of the potential damages you might be able to recover:
- Loss of income or earning potential
- Present and future medical bills
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation services
- Mental anguish and disinterest in life
- Renovations made to your home or vehicle to accommodate a serious injury
Contact a Long Island Catastrophic Injury Lawyer
If you think you have grounds to seek compensation for a serious injury, don’t wait! You could be missing out on financial, physical, and emotional compensation that could benefit you and enable your recovery.