495 Accident Lawyer
The Long Island Expressway is among the most dangerous roads on Long Island. If you’ve been hurt in an accident on Interstate 495, get in touch with a 495 accident attorney
Between 2012 and 2015, Interstate 495 in Long Island saw twenty-two fatal accidents and countless other accidents that injured motorists. If you’ve been injured in an accident on the Long Island Expressway, you’re not at all alone.
Still, you may feel alone when you realize the accident that wasn’t your fault may cost you tens of thousands of dollars in medical bills, property damage, lost wages, and other damages. But the good news is that you may be able to pursue the compensation you need by filing a personal injury claim.
However, you should expect strong resistance from the insurance company and the negligent party as you seek compensation. That’s why hiring a 495 accident lawyer can be so helpful. The attorneys at Siler & Ingber, LLP are ready to help you.
Causes of 495 Accidents
I-495 is a heavily traveled road that sometimes feels more like a raceway than an interstate. No matter how safely you drive, you still might become the victim of a negligent driver or other party.
Determining the cause of your accident on the Long Island Expressway is going to be essential to the success of your personal injury claim. That’s because finding out what caused your crash will likely point you and your lawyer toward the person who should be held financially accountable for your injuries.
The following are some common causes of car accidents on I-495:
- Speeding – Some drivers treat going too fast on the Expressway like it’s a way of life. However, it’s still illegal, and if it caused your crash, you can hold the speeding driver responsible.
- Drunk Driving – It’s unfortunate that driving under the influence of alcohol is still an issue after all the awareness campaigns and prevention efforts, but it’s still a reality for many accident victims who are injured by those who drink and drive on the Long Island Expressway.
- Distracted Driving – Commuters checking their texts on their way to work, commercial vehicle drivers adjusting their navigation systems, and motorists taking selfies while driving can all cause crashes. Driving distracted is a form of negligence, which means you might be able to hold the distracted driver accountable in your claim.
- Drowsy Driving – Being behind the wheel when you haven’t had enough sleep is dangerous. If a driver caused your crash because he or she was drowsy, you might be able to name that driver in your claim.
- Car Part Malfunctions – If a part on your car or that of the other driver malfunctioned and caused the crash that injured you, you might be able to file a claim against the manufacturer of the part in question.
Determining the Value of Your Claim
Your Long Island Expressway crash lawyer will help you determine the full value of your injury claim. That value will depend on the severity of your injuries and damages you have suffered.
You might be able to recover compensation for the following damages:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Vehicle damage
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional trauma
- Reduced quality of life
Contact a Long Island Expressway Accident Lawyer
To schedule a free consultation with a 495 accident lawyer, call us at 1-877-718-6079 or fill out the form below.