Accidents at the work place, especially at construction sites are quite common. They leave workers with serious injuries, disabilities and can even be fatal. All accidents which occur at the workplace make the employer viable liable for compensationbeyond the workers’ compensation often offered as settlements by the employers and the insurers.If you’re in a construction accident while working on a site, you can reach out to a construction accident law firm to guide you get the settlement you deserve.
Firstly, it is important to know the main causes, common injuries, and your rights as a worker if you’re injured on a construction site. Once you’re clear about the violations or want to know more about it, a construction accident attorney can help you understand your case, file the right claim and get the settlement which is far beyond and more just than the rather lowly workers’compensation offered.
But if you’re in a construction accident, here are the first few steps you need to take before you reach out to a construction accident law firm.
- Get medical treatment – Immediately seek medical care and ensure that save all the bills and insurance claim you have utilized for this particular accident. Document the injury in as much detail as possible in consultation with your doctor. It will come in handy which filing the claim with a construction accident attorney.
- Figure out your workers’compensation – All workers regardless of nature of work are entitled to a compensation should they be injured at the work site. It is important to know your compensation as it varies based on how and where the worker got injured, for example, the compensation and right to ask for claim will vary if the worker fell from a height at the work site or if the worker suffered an injury due to faulty equipment / chemical being used. Let your construction accident law firm know the exact nature of your injury and resultant compensation you are eligible to get as per the employer’s policy.
- Talk to the employer – It is imperative that you immediately inform and talk to the supervisor / employer about the accident. You can also talk to the human resource manager. This will help put the occurrence of the accident on-paper and can serve as documentation as the time of filing the claim with the construction accident attorney.
Once you do the above, the next step is to reach out to a construction accident law firm. Here’s what you should keep in mind.
- When is the right time to hire a construction accident attorney? – It is best to get an attorney of a well-known law firm as early as possible. Often workers’ compensations are tied to deadlines and it is best to get an attorney who is a construction accident expert to get you the settlement you deserve.
- What should you ask your construction accident attorney? – Before hiring your lawyer, make sure you get the one who is best suited to handle your case. An experienced attorney can make all the difference while filing your claim and fighting for your right. Here’s a few questions you can ask them:
- Experience with handling construction accident cases specifically
- The typical settlement for other similar cases
- Their fee and its complete break up and structure
- How often have they successfully handled the cases with settlement and how many times have they had to go on trial?
- Any references they might have, specifically for construction accident cases
- How would a construction accident attorney help you? – The biggest value that an attorney from a construction accident law firm will bring is the relevant experience of such cases in the past. Their handling of previous cases would help them navigate through your case easily and find the solution best suited to you. Moreover, your case will be their biggest priority and they will do everything in their power to make sure that cover all losses – tangible and intangible – are covered.
If you or someone you know has met with an accident on a construction site, get an attorney today!
Reach out to Siler & Ingber, LLP, call us on 1-877-529-4343 or contact us via our online form on this page to schedule a free consultation and case evaluation with a construction accident attorney.
The Impact Of Marijuana Legalization
Would New York legalizing recreational marijuana increase road accidents? We took a look at the stats in our latest study.View Study
The Law Office of Siler & Ingber, LLP
301 Mineola Blvd. Mineola, NY 11501
Subscribe to our NewsletterSubscribe
This is a unique website which will require a more modern browser to work!
Please upgrade today!