Car accident victims are left most of the time to deal with severe wounds and escalating medical costs after an accident. Insurance companies frequently provide accident victims with bare minimum compensation that falls well short of what deserve for recovery.
It’s crucial that you contact a knowledgeable Brooklyn car accident attorney as soon as possible after your collision. This makes sure that our team can gather crucial information from witnesses and evidence that would otherwise be lost over time. The sooner you call, the sooner you can receive the settlement for the injury that you are due.
How to Respond to a Car Accident
There are actions you may do as soon as you sustain injuries in a car accident to assist you in obtaining the compensation you require.
- Calling 911- Reporting your accident will help get law enforcement and emergency response personnel to the spot. Your medical and police reports will be crucial in determining culpability and fault.
- Collect Evidence – With cell phones, gathering evidence is now simple. Take images and any other pertinent details that can aid your attorney in determining liability.
- Consult a lawyer – To start preparing your case, speak with an accomplished Brooklyn car accident attorney right away.
What to Avoid Doing Following a Car Accident
While knowing what to do in the aftermath, it’s equally important to know what NOT to do. Avoid making these critical blunders following your collision.
- Failure to Report – When you don’t think you’ve been hurt, it can be tempting to just continue on your way but, always call the police after an accident and request a report.
- Accepting Responsibility – Even when we are not at fault, it is human instinct to apologize. However, stating “I’m sorry” following an automobile accident can be interpreted as an admission of guilt.
- Taking the Settlement – The insurance company frequently uses a “take it or leave it” mentality to coerce accident victims into accepting settlements that are significantly less. Do not sign anything prior to consulting an attorney.
When to Speak with a Lawyer
Not everyone who has been in a car accident will need to contact a lawyer. Contact a Brooklyn car accident attorney right away if any of the following describes your circumstance:
- Any mishap that seriously harms you or another person
- Any incident where guilt cannot be clearly determined
- Accidents that happen around schools any accident that occurs in a work or construction zone
- If you disagree with the police report at any time
- Any accident involving a driver who is either underinsured or uninsured
- If insurance providers give conflicting information or provide ambiguous responses to questions about liability
Typically, small fender-benders won’t need legal counsel, but in some rare cases, a lawyer’s advice could be quite helpful following a minor collision.
A Claim’s Deadline
After your initial meeting, your Brooklyn car accident attorney will look into every detail of your case and start negotiating with the insurance provider. A personal injury claim entails several conversations between you and the insurance provider of the driver who was at fault. To pursue damages, however, you might need to file a personal injury case against the irresponsible party if the insurance company pushes back strongly.
Benefits of Consulting a Lawyer
It can seem simpler to deal with a vehicle accident’s consequences alone. The reality, however, is much different than what is expected. The following are some advantages of employing an attorney:
- Confronting the insurance company
- Filing Required Documentation
- Maintaining Deadlines
- Higher Compensation
- Contingent upon
- Complete investigation
We are here
We know an accident is traumatic for you. Your entire life may be easily ruined by an injury, which would leave you permanently disabled. You require an accomplished law company on your side from the outset if you have been hurt in an accident.
When you need assistance, you may readily reach our automobile accident attorneys. Call Siler & Ingber right away.