If you’re an employee in the United States, it is important that you orient yourself with the Occupational Safety and Health Hazard Administration (OSHA). OSHA is a federal government agency. Its aim is to ensure safe and healthy working conditions for employees. It involves implementing certain safety standards as well as providing timely and updated information on workplace safety.
OSHA applies to all industries and sectors such as hospitality, construction sites, manufacturing units, etc. The main purpose is to avoid any workplace injury. OSHA provides training to employers to ensure effective implementation of safety standards and conducts inspections of workplaces. If you’re an employee and injured due to an OSHA-related violation, you can seek compensation. OSHA lawyers are specialists who can help you in such a scenario.
OSHA protects rights of workers by mandating employers to take the following actions:
- Provide a workplace free of health and safety hazards that can cause death or serious injury
- Post an OSHA job safety notice in the workplace
- Keep a record of injuries, deaths, and exposures to hazardous materials
- Provide safety training if necessary
Any violation in relation to the above can be considered an OSHA violation. Some such examples are:
- A construction site wherein the employer is aware of a faulty machine but it continues to be in use. If a worker gets hurt while using the machine, it is an OSHA violation.
- A mall/super market does not have fire extinguishers installed.
- In a factory or any place of work, if the electrical fittings are not maintained or adequate, it is an OSHA violation.
Importantly, if you’re an employer, the onus of your workers’ safety lies on you. It is your responsibility to make sure that you provide them with a healthy and safe working space. In fact, ensuring that your workers are given adequate care and proper provisions will be beneficial for you in the long run. To make sure that your OSHA standards are up to the mark, you can hire a lawyer as per your business, for example a personal injury attorney to help you validate that the worksite meets the OSHA criteria effectively. This is an important step because if there’s a mishap at the work site and a worker is injured, their injury attorney will first check for OSHA violations.
If you or someone you know has sufferedhttps://www.nylawnet.com/mineola-personal-injury-lawyer/ an injury at a work site due to employer negligence and you need the best OSHA lawyer, contact Siler & Ingber today. Call us on 1-877-529-4343 or complete our online form on this page to schedule a case evaluation with one of our experienced personal injury attorneys. Our consultation is free and we do not charge a fee unless we win your case.