Pedestrian knockdown, which is a pedestrian hit by a motor vehicle, is one of the most common forms of road accidents in the United States. It is very unfortunate to note that due to the high density of pedestrians and vehicular traffic, pedestrian knockdowns are nearly an everyday occurrence in the United States, and in New York as well.
Unfortunately, pedestrian knockdowns can lead to irrevocable and serious life-long injuries. Sadly, the chances of severe injuries are more because a moving vehicle can do a lot of damage to a pedestrian who may be walking or jogging on the road. Moreover, a pedestrian knockdown can be caused by any motor vehicle, be it a car, motorcycle, bus, or a truck, hence, the extent of injuries may also vary. Regardless of the injuries, an accident can leave behind a lot of mental trauma and fear.
Some of the common reasons for pedestrian knockdowns in New York are:
- Drunk driving – Like a common cause for motor vehicle accidents, even pedestrians can fall prey to drunk drivers.
- Distracted driving/texting while driving–One of the most common reasons for motor vehicle accidents continues to be distracted driving largely due to talking on the phone or texting. In such a case, pedestrians are also at equal threat of meeting with an accident.
- Speeding vehicle –A speeding vehicle, if out of control of the driver, can lead to a pedestrian knockdown.
- Inadequate lighting –Driving at night and improper lighting on the road can hinder the vision of the driver and they may not be able to see a pedestrian, making them vulnerable to an accident.
- Reckless driving – Needless to say, reckless driving can become a cause of a pedestrian knockdown if the driver fails to control the vehicle in time.
A pedestrian accident can impact the individual and their family. The strain of the injuries, as well as the financial burden, can become a huge liability. Moreover, if the victim has sustained long-term injuries, the challenges increase manifold.
But if you’ve been injured as a pedestrian due to someone’s negligent driving, you’re entitled to compensation. A capable and committed personal injury attorney can help you get the compensation you deserve.
A top injury lawyer will make sure that all your costs as well as other peripheral losses, such as loss to income, the deteriorated standard of living, etc. are covered in the compensation you’re offered. In addition, the medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, property damage, etc. will be duly covered under the compensation suit filed by the personal injury attorney.
If you or someone you know has been injured as a pedestrian due to a driver’s negligence, you need the top injury lawyers, contact Siler & Ingber today. Call us on 1-877-529-4343 or complete our online form on this page to schedule a case evaluation with one of our experienced personal injury attorneys. Our consultation is free and we do not charge a fee unless we win your case.
The Impact Of Marijuana Legalization
Would New York legalizing recreational marijuana increase road accidents? We took a look at the stats in our latest study.View Study
The Law Office of Siler & Ingber, LLP
301 Mineola Blvd. Mineola, NY 11501
Subscribe to our NewsletterSubscribe
This is a unique website which will require a more modern browser to work!
Please upgrade today!