Suffering a personal injury brings its share of physical and mental trauma. We hire a personal injury attorney to help us navigate through the complexities of the law and guide us on the best way forward; all for getting the compensation we deserve for our sufferings. But what do you do if you’re not happy with the settlement the injury attorney brings to the table? For a moment, it may seem like a big task at hand, but we are here to guide you.
If you think the settlement offer by the personal injury attorney is too low, here is what we suggest:
- Do not be impulsive to respond: We recommend that you take the time to carefully analyze the offer and understand it. Ask as many questions to your personal injury attorney as to why the settlement is low. If you’re still not satisfied, go ahead and reject it. But be rational, calm, and patient.
- Document your response: It is important that you respond to the offer extended by the personal injury attorney in writing. However, before putting it in writing, you can always talk to your injury attorney about the “why’s” and “how’s” of the offer.
- Address gaps in information: It is possible that the initial settlement offer is low because the personal injury attorney does not have all the details of the injuries and other expenses. If that appears to be the case, provide all the information to them and wait for the revised offer. Ensure that there are no more gaps in the information. In this scenario, have a detailed conversation with your injury attorney and ask them about the specific damages that can be included in your claim.
- Propose a counteroffer: If you’ve a settlement or compensation in mind, share it with the personal injury attorney so that they can provide you the best possible solution in the scenario.
- Trust your injury attorney: It is important that you trust your personal injury attorney. However, that does not mean you settle at the first offer or accept it even if you’re unhappy, but have an open mind and freely discuss your concerns with them. Your satisfaction with the offer is any injury attorney’s first priority.
- 6. Ensure your injuries are healed: Before you accept the settlement, make sure you’re completely healed from all your injuries or you’re fully aware of the future medical bills. Otherwise, you might end up with a low settlement which will not cover the medical costs required for you to fully recover.
If you or someone you know has been injured due to someone’s negligence, you need the top injury attorney, contact Siler & Ingber today. Call us on 1-877-529-4343 or complete our online form on this page to schedule a case evaluation with one of our experienced personal injury attorneys. Our consultation is free and we do not charge a fee unless we win your case.
The Impact Of Marijuana Legalization
Would New York legalizing recreational marijuana increase road accidents? We took a look at the stats in our latest study.View Study
The Law Office of Siler & Ingber, LLP
301 Mineola Blvd. Mineola, NY 11501
Subscribe to our NewsletterSubscribe
This is a unique website which will require a more modern browser to work!
Please upgrade today!