A knee injury can occur at a work place, due to a slip and fall, a motor vehicle accident, or even while playing a sport. However, regardless of the case, even a mild injury can be very painful and require long-term rest. Such an injury can easily interfere with your day-to-day life and interrupt activities you could do seamlessly before the accident. If a knee injury occurred due to someone’s negligence, hire a knee injury lawyer to get the compensation
A knee injury can be of various types, it can depend on the cause of the accident as well as its severity. Hence, an injury can vary from an external bruise, broken bone, injured ligament, swelling, or tenderness in knee, among others. Each of these can cause extreme pain. In some cases, one may also need surgery.
Some of the common causes of knee injury are:
- Accident at a construction site: At a work site, for example, falling off a ladder, can cause a severe knee injury.
- Motor vehicle accident: In a car / vehicle accident, you may hit your knee on the dashboard injuring it.
- Slip and fall – In a slip and, since one usually falls forward, the knee becomes prone to an injury.
- Sports injury – In contact sports such as football, the players become vulnerable to knee injury due to falling or bumping into each other. If you’ve hurt your injury in any of the abovementioned scenarios or another cause due to someone else’s negligence, you deserve a compensation. You can hire a knee injury lawyer to represent you. Examples of negligence could include inadequately maintained equipment at a work site which caused the accident, a slip and fall on an icy sidewalk as it was not cleared by the responsible party and caused you to fall, or an inadequately maintained sports ground with uneven patches because of which you tripped and fell. In any scenarios where someone else is responsible for the injury caused, you can ask for compensation.
- An injury attorney will carefully evaluate the details of your case and ensure that you get the settlement you deserve. It is important that you safely keep all the important information and documentation of the accident so that your injury attorney can put a strong case forward against the at-fault party. Example of such documentation includes medical expenses, proof of loss of income, proof of loss of standard of living, photos (if applicable, for example, in case of a car accident or at a construction site). Your lawyer will be able to tell you the other documents required.
If you or someone you know has suffered a knee injury due to someone’s negligence, you need the top injury lawyer, contact Siler & Ingber today. Call us on 1-877-529-4343 or complete our online form on this page to schedule a case evaluation with one of our experienced knee injury lawyers. Our consultation is free and we do not charge a fee unless we win your case.