Head injuries can irrevocably change the course of one’s life. Even a minor head injury or a concussion can have long-term implications. One may also suffer head injuries, also known as brain injury or traumatic brain injury (TBI), in an accident caused due to someone’s negligence. In such a scenario, one has the right to compensation. Hire a brain injury lawyer to recover the compensation you deserve.
Let’s understand a little more about TBIs.
TBI often occurs due to a blow to the head. Degrees of a TBI can be mild, moderate, or severe. The most common cause of TBI is falls followed by car crashes. Both these causes are preventable following adequate safety measures. Some of the other causes could include construction accidents, medical negligence / surgical errors etc.
Additionally, any damage done to the brain is going to be expensive to treat and likely lead to a number of other expenses. Moreover, a TBI will do more than just incur financial expenses; it will also affect how you live and enjoy your life. It may hamper your ability to earn an income, enjoy your hobbies or lead an independent and normal life you enjoyed before the TBI.
If you’ve suffered a TBI due to someone’s negligence, work with a top injury lawyer to get the compensation you deserve.
TBIs are particularly unique when it comes to the variation in settlement amounts, which is primarily due to the varying extent of head injuries and the overall unique circumstances that surround each case. The Center for Disease Control and Prevention has conducted several TBI studies throughout recent years, and they’ve publicly stated that TBIs are a serious public health concern in the United States.
Here’s how an attorney will go about getting identifying the damages and ensuring that you get the deserved settlement:
- Calculate special damages specific to TBIs such as lost earning capacity, lost wages, medical expenses, funeral expenses in case of wrongful death
- Calculate general damages in case of an accident / injury such as pain and suffering, mental trauma and shock, loss of reputation, loss of quality of life, emotional distress, etc.
- Add the damages together to arrive at a settlement amount. It is not a simple sum but arrived using technical assistance best left in the hands of an able personal injury attorney.
- Adjust settlement values to assist savings to ensure that the victim’s future is secure
- Compare and study recent jury verdicts to arrive at a reasonable settlement as well as have an overview of the typical outcome of such cases in the recent past.
More information about head injury related settlements is available here.
If you or someone you know has suffered a head injury due to someone’s negligence, you need the top injury lawyer, contact Siler & Ingber today. Call us on 1-877-529-4343 or complete our online form on this page to schedule a case evaluation with one of our experienced personal injury attorneys. Our consultation is free and we do not charge a fee unless we win your case.