An accident caused due to someone negligence can cause a lot more than injuries. One of the most common accidents to occur in New York and its vicinity are motor vehicle accidents such as car accidents, truck accidents, bus accidents, etc. The injuries sustained in such an accident can vary from mild to severe, but there’s more to it. Let us understand the different types of injuries that you should tell your personal injury attorney about.
- Loss of Wages: An accident often leaves the injured person incapacitated to be able to go to work for a short or long period of time due to the injuries sustained and the recovery time required, hence, lose income. This is referred to as loss of wages. Any top injury lawyer will ensure that the loss of wages due to the accident are duly included in the settlement proposed to the at-fault party.
- Pain & suffering: Accidents are traumatic – physically and mentally. In that context, pain & suffering is an attempt to assign a monetary value to the physical and mental suffering that the victim wouldn’t have undergone if not because of the accident. The cost is calculated based on the evidence provided in relation to the accident. Essentially, these are non-economic damages and should be duly compensated.
- Medical expenses: These are the most straightforward type of expenses and refer to the medical bills borne by the injured party. It is important to note that some injuries require long-term treatment, and the personal injury attorney should be made privy to these so that they can be appropriately included in the settlement.
- Out-of-pocket expenses: These expenses refer to a variety of costs related to the injuries sustained by the victim. Examples of these expenses include transportation from home to the hospital for medical care, stay in a hotel in situations where medical expenses are sought out of the station, over the counter medication expenses, rental car expenses, parking fees, etc.
- Property damage: In various scenarios, a motor vehicle accident caused by a car, truck, etc., can lead to property damage, for example, if a car rams into a wall of a store on the roadside, etc. In such a scenario, in addition to the injuries sustained by the victim, any expenses related to the property and its repairs should also be covered under the settlement.
If you or someone you know has been injured in a car or truck accident due to someone’s negligence, you need the top injury lawyers, contact Siler & Ingber today. Call us on 1-877-529-4343 or complete our online form on this page to schedule a case evaluation with one of our experienced personal injury attorneys. Our consultation is free and we do not charge a fee unless we win your case.
The Impact Of Marijuana Legalization
Would New York legalizing recreational marijuana increase road accidents? We took a look at the stats in our latest study.View Study
The Law Office of Siler & Ingber, LLP
301 Mineola Blvd. Mineola, NY 11501
Subscribe to our NewsletterSubscribe
This is a unique website which will require a more modern browser to work!
Please upgrade today!