New York and all its boroughs are witnessing a rise in car accident cases. However, the trends vary for every borough. Let us have a look at what happens in Nassau County with respect to car accidents. As per data released in 2018:
- A total of 40,306 car crashes were reported in Nassau County.
- As a result, there were 11,330 injuries. This includes 647 serious injuries and 61 fatalities.
- Of the total accidents, 28,915 crashes led to property damages only.
- Nassau County also has a higher rate of fatal pedestrian and motorcycle accidents as compared to the New York State average.
- Interestingly, when compared to Suffolk County, the population in Nassau County is lower, however, despite that, the number of fatal accidents, injuries, and serious injuries is higher.
- Generally, trends have shown that Long Island witnesses a high number of car accidents.
The common causes of car accidents are:
- Distracted driving: this includes texting or talking on the phone while driving.
- Speeding: often a common cause, it can lead to rear-end collisions.
- Drunk driving: driving under influence of alcohol or drugs is a risk for the driver as well as other people on the road.
- Other causes are reckless driving, hit and run, etc.
The statistics and the causes tell us one thing, that Nassau County can be a dangerous place for drivers, pedestrians, and cyclists. If you drive a car in Nassau County, it is pertinent that you drive keeping in mind all the laws and be alert on the road. An accident does not only harm the victim but the driver as well.
What to do if you’re in an accident in Nassau County?
If you are involved in an accident in Nassau County caused due to someone’s negligence, you deserve compensation. Hire a Nassau County car accident lawyer to help you through the process.
How can a Nassau County car accident lawyer help you?
By gathering relevant evidence through witnesses, photographs and other documentation such as medical bills, etc. the car accident attorney will help you arrive at a fair settlement. They’ll also ensure that the insurer of the at-fault driver doesn’t make you a low-ball offer. A car accident lawyer will make note of all your short- and long-term expenses as well as the pain and suffering caused.
If you or someone you know has been in a car accident in Nassau County or elsewhere in New York City, you need the best car accident lawyers in Nassau County, contact Siler & Ingber today. Call us on 1-877-529-4343 or complete our online form on this page to schedule a case evaluation with one of our experienced car accident attorneys. Our consultation is free and we do not charge a fee unless we win your case.
The Impact Of Marijuana Legalization
Would New York legalizing recreational marijuana increase road accidents? We took a look at the stats in our latest study.View Study
The Law Office of Siler & Ingber, LLP
301 Mineola Blvd. Mineola, NY 11501
Subscribe to our NewsletterSubscribe
This is a unique website which will require a more modern browser to work!
Please upgrade today!