Long Island Product Liability Lawyer
When you’ve been injured or made ill by a defective product, you can hold the company responsible for the defect accountable. Work with a Long Island product liability lawyer and get full compensation for your losses.
We take for granted that the products we use are of good quality and sound design, and we expect them to work for us. If you’ve been injured by a product that was supposed to make your life easier, it can be difficult to know what to do.
Defective products injure thousands of people every year. You shouldn’t be liable for damages if a product malfunctioned and caused you injury—especially if you were using the product as described. A Long Island product liability lawyer with Siler & Ingber, LLP can work to get you the full compensation you’re owed after an injury from a defective product.
Who’s Responsible for Defective Products?
Many people are involved with the design, manufacture, and advertising of a product before it goes on the market. Your Long Island product liability lawyer will review all aspects of your case and determine whom to hold accountable.
Defects that might have caused the product malfunction that caused your injury include the following types:
- Design Defect – If a product had a poor design that made it unsafe before it even hit store shelves, you can hold the designer accountable.
- Manufacturing Defect – If the product defect appeared in the manufacturing stage of development, the manufacturer should be held accountable. This is true whether only a few or tens of thousands of defective products were manufactured.
- Advertising Defect – If advertisers know of an unsafe aspect of a product, they are required to warn the public about the dangers associated with it. Failure to do so can result in a product liability lawsuit.
When reviewing your case, your Long Island product liability lawyer will investigate every step of the product’s journey, from design to store shelf. No matter how big the corporation at fault is, our firm will work to hold the responsible parties accountable and get you the compensation you deserve.
Examples of Defective Products
We understand that faulty products are potentially all around us. Some examples of defective products that commonly cause injury include the following:
- Defective household products such as appliances and children’s toys
- Food that has been improperly handled or tainted
- Defective medical devices
- Prescription drugs that are found to have negative health effects
- Hospital bed guardrails that cause entrapment
- Defective automobile parts, such as faulty brakes, airbags that don’t deploy, and similar
- Defective firearms
- Clothing that is found to have a defect, such as being highly flammable
Compensation for Your Product Injury
In order to get the settlement you deserve, you must prove that the product was defective and that the defect caused your injury. In determining your settlement amount, we will work with you to examine all of the ways that your life has been negatively impacted by the product malfunction or side-effects. This can include lost wages, current and future medical bills, pain and suffering, decreased quality of life, and more.
Your Long Island product liability lawyer will protect your rights and work to make sure that the negligent product manufacturer takes responsibility for the damages that their unsafe product has caused.
Contact a Long Island Defective Product Lawyer
If you’ve been injured by a defective product, help is available. Contact a Long Island product liability lawyer with Siler & Ingber, LLP today. Call 1-516-294-2666 or use the online contact form found on this page. Your consultation is free and carries no obligation.
[fc id=’8′ type=’popup’ button_color=’#4488ee’ font_color=’white’]Schedule A Free Consultation[/fc]