When you go shopping at a Grocery Store, you don’t expect to slip or fall while you are shopping for food and other everyday essentials. Unfortunately, accidents at the grocery store happen quite frequently, often because the store companies and their staff fail to take the necessary precautions which are needed to keep the shoppers safe.
Slip & fall accidents are a common occurrence at grocery and other stores. It is the responsibility of the owner to keep their property in a safe condition for all their guests. Negligence at anybody’s end can lead to injuries. If you have been injured because of the negligence of the owner or the staff at the grocery store, you might be able to hold them liable for your injuries.
Causes of Slip & Fall accidents in Grocery Stores
- Wet or freshly mopped floor
- Defective elevators, doors or escalators
- Loose tiles, rugs, carpeting and other flooring surfaces
- Leaking refrigerators, freezers and cooler cases
- Objects falling off the shelves
You can claim compensation from the grocery owner if you are able to prove their negligent conduct which contributed to the slip & fall accident. The compensation that the victim receives should be able to cover the losses suffered from the injuries, such as:
- Damage to your personal property
- Loss of income and future earnings
- Emotional distress
- Medical bills
- Loss of enjoyment in life
- Pain & suffering
You Have a Right to be Safe in Stores
While shopping, the last thing that you need to worry about is ending up at the hospital. A grocery store or any other store owes to their customers a safe and harmless environment. The owner and the staff are answerable for any of your injuries, regardless of whether you experienced the injury at a huge chain like Walmart, Home Depot, Target or even a small local independent store.
Immediate Action after a Grocery Slip or Fall
An accident can happen to anyone but if you feel that your injuries were caused due to the negligence of someone else and could have been avoided, these are the steps you should follow to make your case strong.
- Get immediate medical help in case of severe injuries and get checked thoroughly for any surprise injuries.
- Take pictures of the accident location where you suffered injuries so that you can present them as proof when filing a case.
- If you see any witnesses, get information from them. Along with the store manager make an incident report and also keep a photo of that report with you.
- Get in touch with a personal injury lawyer to determine your rights.
Get Help from an Attorney!
Grocery store injury cases can be complicated; hence you would need an experienced attorney by your side so that they can help you get through the whole process with a rightful compensation. Siler & Ingber’s team of lawyers ensure that they fight for you because a store premises owner who is not able to provide a safe environment to his customers, must be sued. Schedule your crucial and free consultation with Siler & Ingber’s team today to get maximum compensation.